- American Girl Debuts New WellieWishers Line – with Books Penned by Iconic American Girl Author Valerie Tripp
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Chris Brown in Legal Trouble Again After Former Manager Accuses Him of 'Brutally Attacking' Him
- WATCH: Judy Garland's Daughter Lorna Luft Sings 'Over the Rainbow' for the First Time, in Tribute to Orlando, Stonewall and Her Late Mother
- Charlotte Tilbury Reveals the Inspiration Behind the Lipstick She Co-Created with Kim Kardashian West
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- March 11, 1996
- Vol. 45
- No. 10
Caught Trysting with His 26-Year-Old Secretary, the Tenor Has His Wife of 35 Years Verdi Mad
Hmmm. And where does that leave Pavarotti's wife of 35 years, Adua Veroni? Steamed, for starters. Indeed, Adua, 58, has already removed his name from the outside intercom of their home in Modena, Italy, where the couple raised three daughters—Lorenza, 33, Christiana, 31, and Giuliana, 28. In a statement released by her lawyer, Adua said the family "has been shaken by embarrassment." She added, "If Luciano does choose to go forward [with the relationship], I hope that he does not do it with the present euphoria."
Although Adua's statement did not mention divorzio, a split seems imminent once a financial agreement is reached. Pavarotti, who last year described himself as "incredibly monogamous" after denying rumors that Nicoletta was pregnant, stands to lose part of his multimillion-dollar fortune.
Meanwhile, Mantovani, a Bologna-born former forest ranger who was hired to work for Pavarotti in 1992, seems transformed by the scandal. In an interview last October, she denied having an affair with her boss but said, "Luciano has expanded the horizons of my mind. Before him, I was a girl; today, I've become a woman." The couple have also admitted they would like to have a child—the son that Pavarotti didn't have with Adua. Ouch!
As for Pavarotti, reconciliation with Adua seems the last thing on his mind. "Nicoletta has become indispensable in my life," he told Chi. "When she is not by my side, I feel lost."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!