Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Joe Jonas and ANTM Contestant Jessica Serfaty Split: 'They're Not Even Talking Anymore,' Source Says
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Chris Martin Opens Up About His 'Weird' and 'Wonderful' Divorce – and Reveals Beyoncé Once Called One of His Songs 'Awful'
- The Empowering Hidden Message Behind Princess Kate's Dazzling New Brooch
- Scott Disick Sips Red Bull at Pre-Super Bowl Bash in Las Vegas After Partying with Tyga
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 11, 1996
- Vol. 45
- No. 10
Caught Trysting with His 26-Year-Old Secretary, the Tenor Has His Wife of 35 Years Verdi Mad
Hmmm. And where does that leave Pavarotti's wife of 35 years, Adua Veroni? Steamed, for starters. Indeed, Adua, 58, has already removed his name from the outside intercom of their home in Modena, Italy, where the couple raised three daughters—Lorenza, 33, Christiana, 31, and Giuliana, 28. In a statement released by her lawyer, Adua said the family "has been shaken by embarrassment." She added, "If Luciano does choose to go forward [with the relationship], I hope that he does not do it with the present euphoria."
Although Adua's statement did not mention divorzio, a split seems imminent once a financial agreement is reached. Pavarotti, who last year described himself as "incredibly monogamous" after denying rumors that Nicoletta was pregnant, stands to lose part of his multimillion-dollar fortune.
Meanwhile, Mantovani, a Bologna-born former forest ranger who was hired to work for Pavarotti in 1992, seems transformed by the scandal. In an interview last October, she denied having an affair with her boss but said, "Luciano has expanded the horizons of my mind. Before him, I was a girl; today, I've become a woman." The couple have also admitted they would like to have a child—the son that Pavarotti didn't have with Adua. Ouch!
As for Pavarotti, reconciliation with Adua seems the last thing on his mind. "Nicoletta has become indispensable in my life," he told Chi. "When she is not by my side, I feel lost."
February 08, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!