Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 11, 1996
- Vol. 45
- No. 10
Caught Trysting with His 26-Year-Old Secretary, the Tenor Has His Wife of 35 Years Verdi Mad
Hmmm. And where does that leave Pavarotti's wife of 35 years, Adua Veroni? Steamed, for starters. Indeed, Adua, 58, has already removed his name from the outside intercom of their home in Modena, Italy, where the couple raised three daughters—Lorenza, 33, Christiana, 31, and Giuliana, 28. In a statement released by her lawyer, Adua said the family "has been shaken by embarrassment." She added, "If Luciano does choose to go forward [with the relationship], I hope that he does not do it with the present euphoria."
Although Adua's statement did not mention divorzio, a split seems imminent once a financial agreement is reached. Pavarotti, who last year described himself as "incredibly monogamous" after denying rumors that Nicoletta was pregnant, stands to lose part of his multimillion-dollar fortune.
Meanwhile, Mantovani, a Bologna-born former forest ranger who was hired to work for Pavarotti in 1992, seems transformed by the scandal. In an interview last October, she denied having an affair with her boss but said, "Luciano has expanded the horizons of my mind. Before him, I was a girl; today, I've become a woman." The couple have also admitted they would like to have a child—the son that Pavarotti didn't have with Adua. Ouch!
As for Pavarotti, reconciliation with Adua seems the last thing on his mind. "Nicoletta has become indispensable in my life," he told Chi. "When she is not by my side, I feel lost."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!