Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Suzanne Somers's DWTS Blog: I Was Worried I'd Get a Banana Caught in Tony's Crotch
- The Best Photos from the Week of Mar. 23- Mar. 29, 2015
- Harvey Weinstein Denies Sexually Assaulting 22-Year-Old Italian Model
- Former UK Olympic Diver and Wife Found Shot Dead in Each Other's Arms in Spain
- Ryan Reynolds 'Seems Besotted with His New Baby,' Says Director
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 08, 1996
- Vol. 45
- No. 14
At Dawn They Slept
For Many Partygoers, the Oscar Ceremonies Were Just An Hors D'oeuvre
Even the runners-up managed to glow. Sense and Sensibility's Kate Winslet, a Best Supporting Actress nominee, swept into the Columbia Pictures party at Drai's shortly after midnight. "This night is so unreal, almost like being in a movie," she gushed. Her only regret: "I wanted to meet John Travolta, but I didn't get the chance. I'm completely in love with him."
At Elton John's AIDS benefit at Maple Drive restaurant (which raised $250,000 for patient care and AIDS education), the host kept busy greeting stars like Emma Thompson, Jim Carrey, and Nicolas Cage and Patricia Arquette. John was aglitter himself, with what looked like diamond buttons on his sleek, black Versace jacket. Were they real? Of course not, he replied. "If they were, people would probably try to cut them off."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!