Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Nicki Minaj: I'm High-Maintenance in Bed – And You Should Be, Too
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- DuckTales Theme Goes Eerily Well with Drake, Beyoncé (VIDEO)
- Boy Found Dead in Swing May Have Had Medical Condition, Source Says
- TMI! This San Andreas ' Star Shares How He Would React To An Earthquake
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 18, 1994
- Vol. 42
- No. 3
"I've always loved makeover stories," says Sporkin, who came to PEOPLE four years ago as a style writer. "Most magazines are fantasy. You're forced to identify with 13-year-old models in $20,000 dresses or countesses redecorating their castles. We're showing real people doing realistic things on a realistic budget."
So Makeover helped a young woman choose an outfit to impress her future mother-in-law, arranged startlingly different coiffures for a pair of twins and gave a Manhattan living room a dramatic facelift for under $500. Of course stars get repolished too. The issue's cover girl. Linda Gray, introduces a softer, blonde look for her glamorous role in the new Fox TV series Models Inc., and talk show host Ricki Lake tells how she made herself half the 250-lb. woman she used to be—and twice the star. "Most people become blind to what they see in the mirror even' day," says Sporkin. "A makeover is the chance to be seen by a fresh set of eyes."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!