Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Untold Love Story Behind American Sniper
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Justin Timberlake Confirms Jessica Biel's Pregnancy – See the Sweet Photo
- All About That Adorable Budweiser 'Lost Dog' Commercial
- Christian Grey's Penthouse Is as Sexy as You Imagined (Photos)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday January 31, 2015 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 18, 1994
- Vol. 42
- No. 3
"I've always loved makeover stories," says Sporkin, who came to PEOPLE four years ago as a style writer. "Most magazines are fantasy. You're forced to identify with 13-year-old models in $20,000 dresses or countesses redecorating their castles. We're showing real people doing realistic things on a realistic budget."
So Makeover helped a young woman choose an outfit to impress her future mother-in-law, arranged startlingly different coiffures for a pair of twins and gave a Manhattan living room a dramatic facelift for under $500. Of course stars get repolished too. The issue's cover girl. Linda Gray, introduces a softer, blonde look for her glamorous role in the new Fox TV series Models Inc., and talk show host Ricki Lake tells how she made herself half the 250-lb. woman she used to be—and twice the star. "Most people become blind to what they see in the mirror even' day," says Sporkin. "A makeover is the chance to be seen by a fresh set of eyes."
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!