Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kanye West's NSFW 'Famous' Music Video Features a Topless Taylor Swift Sculpture: 'Special Thanks for Being Famous'
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- It's a Girl! Audrina Patridge Welcomes Daughter Kirra Max
- Restaurant Owner Fires His Son After Customer Is Called 'Fatty' on Receipt
- Mother of Accused Slenderman Stabber Expresses Concern Over Daughter's Future After Teen's Mental Illness Stabilizes: 'With Lucidity Comes Awareness'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 18, 1994
- Vol. 42
- No. 3
Acting on Love
Liam Neeson and Natasha Richardson Say 'I Do'
But by 6 p.m., the remaining 70-plus guests—including Mia Farrow, Lauren Bacall and Schindler's List Oscar nominee Ralph Fiennes—were seated beneath the huge white tent not far from the 180-year-old barn. And a few moments later, in a 40-minute ceremony during which a priest conducted mass, a choir sang "Morning Has Broken," and a herd of cows chewed their cud in the nearby pasture, Natasha Richardson, of Britain's prolific Redgrave acting dynasty, and Liam Neeson, working-class Irish kid turned Hollywood hunk and Schindler's star, exchanged wedding vows.
For Neeson, 42, and Richardson, 31, getting to the altar may have seemed as daunting as getting the guests to the $1.2 million home they just bought. The actors met in January 1993, when they costarred in the Broadway production of Anna Christie. By April, Richardson had ended her four-year marriage to British producer Richard Fox and become involved with Neeson. "He has a raw and open sexuality," she said, declaring herself "madly, passionately" in love.
But Neeson had a prior attachment of his own to overcome: to bachelorhood. The actor lived with British actress Helen Mirren in the mid-'80s and later stepped out with Julia Roberts, Barbra Streisand and Brooke Shields—but resisted stepping down the aisle. "I've never had marriage and families and stuff," Neeson said recently. "I operate better on my own."
Until now. There, after all, was his bride, resplendent in a Donna Karan dress. And as the lilting sounds of flute and fiddle at their five-hour wedding reception suggested, Liam Neeson—at last—had changed his tune.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!