Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Angelina Jolie Pitt on Humanitarian Trip to Myanmar: 'The Lack of Medicine and Healthcare Is a Top Priority'
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Brooke Shields Honors The Blue Lagoon in Fun Instagram Photo
- Former Boxer Survives Shark Attack by Punching Great White Repeatedly
- James Taylor Performs 'Shed a Little Light' with Charleston Choir in South Carolina (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 18, 1994
- Vol. 42
- No. 3
A Bad Ewe-Turn
Author-Veterinarian James Herriot Falls Victim to a Surprise Sheep Attack
"He's been having trouble lately with sheep in the garden," acknowledged his son, Jim Wight, 57. "The blackface type are particularly adventurous and were munching on his flowers. He was mown down by the marauding flock and trampled."
Jim, who practices where his father once did in their small town of Thirsk, North Yorkshire, quickly summoned an ambulance. His father was thence rushed to Friarage Hospital in Northallerton, where surgeons had to operate to repair the fracture.
The shy doctor, no doubt feeling sheepish, declined to discuss the incident or his three-week convalescence at the hospital. Suffice it to say that he was resting comfortably and was in good spirits. But any lingering memories of thundering hooves maybe brightened upon his release this week. He learned that after three years of bureaucratic bickering, a sign will soon be erected on the main road near his farm, reading, "Welcome to Thirsk, the Town of James Herriot." Sheep, beware.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!