Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mother of Female Soldier Killed in Action Remembers Her Daughter
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Chris Pratt's Son Thinks He's a Firefighter (VIDEO)
- Brody and Brandon Jenner Post to Instagram in Support of Dad Bruce Jenner
- NBC's Inquiry into Brian Williams Expands to Include More Potential Fabrications: Report
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 18, 1994
- Vol. 42
- No. 3
Designs to Fit Your Main Frame
Deziel's business is going swimmingly. It grossed $1 million last year, and half of her sales are to repeat customers. "Buying a suit used to take weeks of going from mall to mall," says boater and mother Karen Rawling, 32. "Now that's a thing of the past."
A former accountant from Los Angeles, Deziel, 36, had spent three years in the U.S. Virgin Islands "bouncing around on boats, wearing bathing suits that never fit." In 1983, after settling in Palm Beach, Fla., she read about a computer whiz who had designed a program to make a bikini for his wife. Deziel bought it for $20,000, worked out the glitches with the help of her father, a computer manufacturer, and opened her first shop in 1984. In addition lo her Juno Beach store, she now has three franchises—in Sarasota, Fla., St. Louis and Grosse Pointe, Mich.—and has licensed the software to about 20 shops around the country.
While business is booming, Deziel, who is divorced and has no children, doesn't spend all her time with her measuring mouse. She and her current beau, Jack Blades, 55, a retired marine supplier, have designed a combination RV and houseboat for amphibious fun.
But even at work, life is a beach. "When you make a woman look good in a bathing suit," she says, "you'd think you had given her the secret of eternal youth."
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!