Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- High School Musical 3 Star Justin Martin Opens Up After Pleading Guilty to Gun Charges: 'One Mistake Doesn't Have to Define Your Life'
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Cincinnati Parent Defends Mother of 4-Year-Old Who Fell Into Gorilla Enclosure: 'Things Happen'
- Bellissimo! Jennifer Lawrence Goes Sightseeing in Italy with Aziz Ansari Ahead of Her Best Friend's Wedding
- FROM EW: X-Men TV Show Starring Dan Stevens Is Officially Happening
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 28, 1994
- Vol. 42
- No. 22
The Ingenue Who Grew to Grab Other Parts
The young '60s star, now 52, did pose for Playboy in 1965; she had an 18-year, on-again, off-again affair with British talk show host David Frost; and she spent much of the '60s and '70s living at Hollywood's gothic enclave, the Chateau Marmont hotel. But a lot of Lynley's time was taken up raising her daughter Jill (from her first and only marriage to publicist Mike Selsman), now 32 and a magazine writer living in New York City. And then there were the hours devoted to 32 films, five Broadway plays and more than 200 television appearances. "I'm in transition; I'm playing middle-aged parts, which is a good idea!" quips the actress, who was last seen in '92's Spirits. "Eventually I want to make the next transition, to where I'm playing snowy-haired old ladies, my Helen Hayes period." For the past two years, Lynley has devoted most of her energy to traveling and painting, something that she describes as her "real passion of late."
Lynley, who keeps a studio apartment in Santa Monica, is also currently house-sitting part-time for a friend in a Malibu cabin. "I've been so busy working my whole life, I've had no sense of domesticity," she says. But she is dating a California man, "someone I've been with for quite a while, someone I'm quite happy with." In fact, about the only item on her wish list now is a TV series of her own. "It's the only thing I haven't done," says Lynley. "Just getting up every day and going to the same place, that would be heaven!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!