Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Voice Star Jordan Smith Weds His Longtime Love Kristen Denny
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Meghan King Edmonds Opens Up About Pregnancy Hormones: 'I Was Happy But I Was Sad'
- WATCH: Matthew McConaughey Reveals Which of His Female Costars He Really Had a Crush On Growing Up
- WATCH: Jamie Lynn Spears Reveals Sister Britney's Advice for Dealing With Public Scrutiny: "Trust Yourself"
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 28, 1994
- Vol. 42
- No. 22
A West Point Pioneer Discovers She's Gay and Quits the Army
Rather than conceal her sexual orientation, Hollen resigned from the Army. "I realized I faced living out the rest of my career constantly equivocating and, on some occasions, perjuring myself," she explains. "I was in tears. Everything I had worked for, I lost. But it would have been an indignity for me to live my life that way."
Now 35 and an environmental consultant in Denver, Hollen, who broke up with her first gay partner last year and is now in another relationship, hasn't fully adjusted to civilian life. "Although I love the work I do," she says, "I miss the military. I wish I were still an officer."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!