Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Beauty Gifts She'll Love, from Stocking Stuffer to Splurge
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Two 19-Year-Old Guys Create 'The PMS Package' to Comfort Girls on Their Periods
- Florida Police Launch Investigation After Woman Shares Photo of Dog With Muzzle Duct-Taped Shut
- Police Officer Slain in Planned Parenthood Shooting Volunteered to Respond to the Scene, Was a Competitive Ice Dancer
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 12, 1994
- Vol. 42
- No. 24
Isabelle Adjani and Daniel Day-Lewis Have Great Expectations
Indeed, in recent weeks, Adjani has been seen floating in and out of Bonpoint, a baby boutique near her Paris home. Day-Lewis, who hasn't made a movie since 1993's In the Name of the Father, hasn't been seen much at all. In fact the two see each other only occasionally. She lives in a Left Bank mansion, he in a castle outside Dublin. They communicate by phone and fax.
Adjani, long known as high-strung, neurotic—or, at the very least, unlikely to remove her sunglasses—met Day-Lewis, no stranger to eccentricity himself, in 1989. Soon after, she left Paris for what she called an "honest and pure" life with Day-Lewis in London. After they broke up two years later, though, she said the relationship was "like an experimental film about love, shown in only one cinema, in English, with subtitles."
Their film did have fitful sequels. Adjani and Day-Lewis have since been spotted together. Last spring she told a French newspaper, "I think that people we have loved we always love." In late July she and Day-Lewis were ensemble in St.-Rémy-de-Provence. Adjani's child is reportedly due in April.
Though Day-Lewis has no children, Adjani has a 15-year-old son, Barnabé, who lives most of his time with his father, French cineast Bruno Nuytten, the director of Camille Claudel. "She hasn't been exactly what you'd call maternal," says a source. "But she had her first child a long time ago. It could be very different this time."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!