Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- J.K. Simmons Channels His Oscar-Nominated Whiplash Character for His SNL Monologue
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- As If We Needed 7 Reasons to Watch the Puppy Bowl
- Aw! Chris Hemsworth Said the Most Romantic Thing About His Wife
- Bobbi Kristina Brown & Nick Gordon: See Their Love Through the Years
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 11:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 06, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 5
Roger's Soon-to-Be Ex Blames Their Breakup on the Widow Next Door
The woman in question is Christina "Kiki" Tholstrup, 53, the Moores' longtime neighbor in the French Riviera town of Saint Paul de Vence. Moore began spending time alone at his estate there after he was operated on for prostate cancer in 1993 and, as his wife said a year later, "wanted a little time by himself." Tholstrup—a breast-cancer survivor who has been a widow since her husband, Ole, a millionaire industrialist, died of a heart attack in 1991—was apparently a sympathetic friend. "My mother is a wonderful person who naturally attracts people to her," Tholstrup's 25-year-old daughter, also named Christina, said in London's Daily Mirror. "She has no enemies." None, perhaps, except her former neighbor Luisa. "She's not the person I'd like to see with my husband," Mrs. Moore told the British tabloids. "Their mentalities are different."
As much as anyone, Luisa knows that the man who starred as TV's the Saint from 1963 to '69 never really was one. She met Moore in 1961, when he was married to singer Dorothy Squires, and bore Deborah and Geoffrey out of wedlock. As recently as November, Luisa's official position was, "I still love Roger." But last month she said there's "no point feeling bitter. We've split up, and I have to accept it. I hope it's a good year for me. It's got to be better than 1994."
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!