Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Matilda Child Star Mara Wilson Battled OCD and Depression – and More Revelations from Her Emotional Memoir
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Frances Bean Cobain's Estranged Husband Demands $300,000 Annual Spousal Support as Source Says He's 'Trying His Luck'
- Kim Kardashian Pushes Swimwear Boundaries by Not Wearing Swimwear at All
- Kim Kardashian #TBTs the 2009 VMAs…But We Helped Her Out By Rounding Up the Rest
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 06, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 5
Roger's Soon-to-Be Ex Blames Their Breakup on the Widow Next Door
The woman in question is Christina "Kiki" Tholstrup, 53, the Moores' longtime neighbor in the French Riviera town of Saint Paul de Vence. Moore began spending time alone at his estate there after he was operated on for prostate cancer in 1993 and, as his wife said a year later, "wanted a little time by himself." Tholstrup—a breast-cancer survivor who has been a widow since her husband, Ole, a millionaire industrialist, died of a heart attack in 1991—was apparently a sympathetic friend. "My mother is a wonderful person who naturally attracts people to her," Tholstrup's 25-year-old daughter, also named Christina, said in London's Daily Mirror. "She has no enemies." None, perhaps, except her former neighbor Luisa. "She's not the person I'd like to see with my husband," Mrs. Moore told the British tabloids. "Their mentalities are different."
As much as anyone, Luisa knows that the man who starred as TV's the Saint from 1963 to '69 never really was one. She met Moore in 1961, when he was married to singer Dorothy Squires, and bore Deborah and Geoffrey out of wedlock. As recently as November, Luisa's official position was, "I still love Roger." But last month she said there's "no point feeling bitter. We've split up, and I have to accept it. I hope it's a good year for me. It's got to be better than 1994."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!