Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- John Krasinski on Date Nights and Raising Daughters with 'Amazing Wife' Emily Blunt: 'It's Important to Preserve Your Relationship'
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Photographer Captures the Moment a Mom Says Goodbye to an Older Child Before Giving Birth
- When's the Wedding? All About Miley Cyrus' Future Walk Down the Aisle with Love Liam Hemsworth
- RHOBH's Carlton Gebbia Is Still Living with Husband amid Separation 'for the Wellness of Their Children'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 13, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 6
Lumi Cavazos & Marco Leonardi
"I felt the same," Leonardi says softly. "I told her that I missed something inside of me."
Soon the two were talking incessantly—in a bouillabaisse of Spanish and Italian—via transatlantic phone calls. "The distance made it very hard," recalls Cavazos, 25. "I thought our love was not possible." Such trepidation proved brief. "We were suffering because we were apart so much," explains the 23-year-old Leonardi. "But we knew it would work because we were meant to be together."
They visited each other's countries for weeks on end, met in Puerto Rico when Cavazos was filming a Spanish miniseries there and last July took the plunge and moved into a modest apartment in Los Angeles. Yet, unlike many Hollywood couples who find themselves competing, these two, with four forthcoming film roles between them, seem to delight in each other's successes. "If Lumi gets a role," says Leonardi, "it is double the happiness for us."
That's hard to imagine, given the couple's blissed-out domesticity, which aptly includes a pair of cooing lovebirds, Papa and Gallo. Most telling of all is that Cavazos, in real life no gastronome, seems to be taking a tip from her character in Chocolate. "Sometimes I make flan," she confides, "because Marco loves it."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!