Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Syrian Man Kills Woman, Injures Two Others With a Machete in Germany: Reports
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Concert Karaoke! James Corden Joins Meghan Trainor Onstage at LA Performance
- New Bling! Miranda Kerr Steps Out with Engagement for the First Time
- Gold Medalist Kami Craig Told Her Mom She Was Going to the Olympics (When She Was 5 Years Old!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 13, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 6
Lumi Cavazos & Marco Leonardi
"I felt the same," Leonardi says softly. "I told her that I missed something inside of me."
Soon the two were talking incessantly—in a bouillabaisse of Spanish and Italian—via transatlantic phone calls. "The distance made it very hard," recalls Cavazos, 25. "I thought our love was not possible." Such trepidation proved brief. "We were suffering because we were apart so much," explains the 23-year-old Leonardi. "But we knew it would work because we were meant to be together."
They visited each other's countries for weeks on end, met in Puerto Rico when Cavazos was filming a Spanish miniseries there and last July took the plunge and moved into a modest apartment in Los Angeles. Yet, unlike many Hollywood couples who find themselves competing, these two, with four forthcoming film roles between them, seem to delight in each other's successes. "If Lumi gets a role," says Leonardi, "it is double the happiness for us."
That's hard to imagine, given the couple's blissed-out domesticity, which aptly includes a pair of cooing lovebirds, Papa and Gallo. Most telling of all is that Cavazos, in real life no gastronome, seems to be taking a tip from her character in Chocolate. "Sometimes I make flan," she confides, "because Marco loves it."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!