Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Watch a Kangaroo Punch a Drone Out of the Sky (Yes, Really)
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Enter to Win Our Exclusive Giveaway and Get Your Best Brows Ever!
- How Did Faye Grant React to Stephen Collins's Interview on 20/20?
- Stacy Keibler: How I've Completely Bounced Back After Baby in 4 Months
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 03:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 13, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 6
Vera Wang & Arthur Becker
But in time—nine years, to be precise—the relationship ended in a love match. Now the parents of two daughters, Cecelia, 4, and Josephine, 1, the couple enjoy a lavish lifestyle that includes a Park Avenue apartment, a house in Southampton, N.Y., and a converted 200-year-old Dutch barn in Pound Ridge, N.Y. Not that there aren't problems—gift-giving, for instance. "It's hard being married to a wife who is a fashion plate," says Wang with a wink. "But he tries." One Valentine's Day, Becker, chairman of a golfing-equipment company, got it right. "He knows I love massages," Wang says. "So instead of, say getting my masseuse to come for a week, he bought me a wonderful massage chair." Says Becker: "I try to fulfill my husbandly duties."
Despite their indulgences, the two have a practical streak. "We could take off any time for Barbados," says Wang. "But we're both workaholics. What's romantic to us is having leisure time, period—even with our kids. To me, that's sexy."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!