Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chandra Levy's Father Distraught After Charges Dropped Against Man He Believes Is Killer: 'We Just Want Closure'
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Terminally Ill 8-Year-Old Boy Becomes Honorary Marine: 'He's Taught Me Love,' Says Dad
- Remember When Neville Longbottom Got Hot? See Matthew Lewis' Big Transformation Ahead of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Blake Shelton Surprises Fans with Free Concert in Kansas City: 'It's Just a Big Party,' Says the Singer
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 13, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 6
Holly Robinson & Rodney Peete
She caught his interest immediately when they were introduced by a mutual friend at a 1993 R&B show at the Roxy in L.A. "Holly put hot sauce on her french fries, and she kept pinching me under the table every time this Vegas-type lounge singer got onstage," says Peete. "I knew I wanted to see her again." A few weeks later, Robinson, who says she was in a "serious-relationship mode," went to a party at Peete's and had second thoughts. "His ex-girlfriends were lined up everywhere looking sad," she says. "I thought, 'Watch out for this guy.' " But she soon softened. "In Rodney. I saw someone who wanted to make changes and settle down," she says. "Everything fell together."
Well, almost. Peete was used to the NFL's male bonding; Robinson put her foot down when he went off with teammates on the party circuit. Eventually he chose the girl over the gang. "Holly keeps me in line," he says. "Because she has her own life, I knew she could walk away from me. And she let me know it."
Last September, Peete made his greatest pass. Filming an episode of Mr. Cooper with a live audience, Robinson opened a door to find not the expected guest star, but Peete, who fell to his knees, flashed a 4-carat diamond ring and pronounced, "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. Will you marry me?" She sure will—on June 10. The Rev. Jesse Jackson is scheduled to officiate. There's only one caveat. Says Robinson: "No ex-girlfriends allowed.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!