Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Farrah Abraham Criticized for Sharing Provocative Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter at a Photoshoot
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- WATCH: Goat Kids Jumping on a Couch Is the Cutest Thing You'll See Today
- The Battle for Prince's Estate: A Complete List of Who Is Staking a Claim to His Millions
- Princess Eugenie and Friends Take Glastonbury! How to Festival Like a Princess in 5 Easy Steps
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 13, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 6
Holly Robinson & Rodney Peete
She caught his interest immediately when they were introduced by a mutual friend at a 1993 R&B show at the Roxy in L.A. "Holly put hot sauce on her french fries, and she kept pinching me under the table every time this Vegas-type lounge singer got onstage," says Peete. "I knew I wanted to see her again." A few weeks later, Robinson, who says she was in a "serious-relationship mode," went to a party at Peete's and had second thoughts. "His ex-girlfriends were lined up everywhere looking sad," she says. "I thought, 'Watch out for this guy.' " But she soon softened. "In Rodney. I saw someone who wanted to make changes and settle down," she says. "Everything fell together."
Well, almost. Peete was used to the NFL's male bonding; Robinson put her foot down when he went off with teammates on the party circuit. Eventually he chose the girl over the gang. "Holly keeps me in line," he says. "Because she has her own life, I knew she could walk away from me. And she let me know it."
Last September, Peete made his greatest pass. Filming an episode of Mr. Cooper with a live audience, Robinson opened a door to find not the expected guest star, but Peete, who fell to his knees, flashed a 4-carat diamond ring and pronounced, "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. Will you marry me?" She sure will—on June 10. The Rev. Jesse Jackson is scheduled to officiate. There's only one caveat. Says Robinson: "No ex-girlfriends allowed.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!