Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- NBA Star Dwyane Wade's Cousin Killed in Chicago Crossfire: 'Another Act of Senseless Gun Violence'
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Donald Trump's Doctor Admits He Wrote GOP Nominee's Health Report in Just 5 Minutes
- Alicia Vikander and Michael Fassbender Open Up About Their Private Off-Screen Romance
- WATCH: Adrienne Bailon Dishes on Her 'Magical' Engagement to Israel Houghton: 'He Is Everything I Wanted and More'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 13, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 6
Lisa Hartman & Clint Black
The surroundings were familiar. "We learned right off," says Black, 33, who first met Hartman when she wangled an invitation backstage at his 1990 New Year's Eve concert in Houston, "that we could be stuck in a hotel room forever, never see another person and be totally satisfied."
In fact, for the first year of their marriage, Hartman, 38, turned down all acting jobs to stay by her man in motels around the country. But more recently after signing on for such projects as the forthcoming CBS mini-series Dazzle, she has found it harder to go on the road. "We live to be piled up in bed, hanging around, doing the most mundane things," she says of their rare moments at home in the Hollywood Hills. "I'll cook, and we'll watch old movies. We have a blast." It helps that they pamper each other with extravagant tokens of affection. Because he always longed to be an astronaut, she once arranged for him to fly with the Air Force in an F-l6; he surprised her last Christmas Eve by having their house blanketed with man-made snow. "That," Hartman says, "is the kind of romantic thing Clint will do." Which reminds her of the time they were all packed and ready to fly to Hawaii for a luxury vacation, and at the last minute—you guessed it—called the whole thing off. "We looked around," says Hartman, "and realized how great it was just to be home."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!