Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Bartlet Administration Backs Clinton: Inside The West Wing's Passionate and Prank-Filled Campaign Trail Reunion
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Shares a Sweet Photo with Michael Douglas: 'Happy Birthday to You and Me'
- Prince William and Princess Kate Link Up with the Trudeaus to Meet Syrian Refugees in Vancouver
- How Prince William Reacted to a Baby Having a 'Royal Poop' During the Couple's Visit to Vancouver
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 13, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 6
Lisa Hartman & Clint Black
The surroundings were familiar. "We learned right off," says Black, 33, who first met Hartman when she wangled an invitation backstage at his 1990 New Year's Eve concert in Houston, "that we could be stuck in a hotel room forever, never see another person and be totally satisfied."
In fact, for the first year of their marriage, Hartman, 38, turned down all acting jobs to stay by her man in motels around the country. But more recently after signing on for such projects as the forthcoming CBS mini-series Dazzle, she has found it harder to go on the road. "We live to be piled up in bed, hanging around, doing the most mundane things," she says of their rare moments at home in the Hollywood Hills. "I'll cook, and we'll watch old movies. We have a blast." It helps that they pamper each other with extravagant tokens of affection. Because he always longed to be an astronaut, she once arranged for him to fly with the Air Force in an F-l6; he surprised her last Christmas Eve by having their house blanketed with man-made snow. "That," Hartman says, "is the kind of romantic thing Clint will do." Which reminds her of the time they were all packed and ready to fly to Hawaii for a luxury vacation, and at the last minute—you guessed it—called the whole thing off. "We looked around," says Hartman, "and realized how great it was just to be home."
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!