Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Langston Hughes Celebrated in Sunday's Google Doodle
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Recovery Would Be a Miracle, Says Source
- Former Power Rangers Star Arrested for Murdering Roommate with a Samurai Sword
- President Obama Weighs in on DeflateGate: 'If You Break the Rules, Then You Break the Rules'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 13, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 6
Lisa Hartman & Clint Black
The surroundings were familiar. "We learned right off," says Black, 33, who first met Hartman when she wangled an invitation backstage at his 1990 New Year's Eve concert in Houston, "that we could be stuck in a hotel room forever, never see another person and be totally satisfied."
In fact, for the first year of their marriage, Hartman, 38, turned down all acting jobs to stay by her man in motels around the country. But more recently after signing on for such projects as the forthcoming CBS mini-series Dazzle, she has found it harder to go on the road. "We live to be piled up in bed, hanging around, doing the most mundane things," she says of their rare moments at home in the Hollywood Hills. "I'll cook, and we'll watch old movies. We have a blast." It helps that they pamper each other with extravagant tokens of affection. Because he always longed to be an astronaut, she once arranged for him to fly with the Air Force in an F-l6; he surprised her last Christmas Eve by having their house blanketed with man-made snow. "That," Hartman says, "is the kind of romantic thing Clint will do." Which reminds her of the time they were all packed and ready to fly to Hawaii for a luxury vacation, and at the last minute—you guessed it—called the whole thing off. "We looked around," says Hartman, "and realized how great it was just to be home."
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!