Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 06, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 9
Play It Again, Dennis
In This Week's Mia Farrow TV Bio, Dennis Boutsikaris Shows He Nose Woody
It almost doesn't matter. To prepare for the role, Boutsikaris, 42, spent hours watching Allen's movies and playing Allen's favorite Louis Armstrong records. Director Karen Arthur approved. "We didn't want someone who would give a weak imitation," she says. "That's a hard head to get into."
Start with the hair. "They shaved my hairline back, dyed my hair red, thinned it, then shaved a bald spot," says Boutsikaris. "Then the nose question came up." Onscreen, Boutsikaris wears a plastic proboscis, which caused him to break out in itchy red welts.
Somehow, Boutsikaris and costar Patsy Kensit, as Farrow, muddled through. The script culminates with the couple's 1992 child-custody battle. "I'm loath to express any opinion about their private lives," says Boutsikaris.
His own life doesn't much resemble Allen's. He grew up in Berkeley Heights, N.J., the son of an ad exec and a homemaker. After graduating from Hampshire College in 1974, he worked off-Broadway and in 1982 played Mozart in Broadway's Amadeus. He lives in Nyack, N.Y., with his wife of 13 years, actress Deborah Hedwall, their daughter, Nina, 7, and son Costa, 4. Still, when it comes to feelings of dread and apprehension, he has his idol down pat. "Mr. Allen is a busy man," says Boutsikaris. "I hope he has something better to do than watch this film."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!