Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mother of Female Soldier Killed in Action Remembers Her Daughter
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Chris Pratt's Son Thinks He's a Firefighter (VIDEO)
- Brody and Brandon Jenner Post to Instagram in Support of Dad Bruce Jenner
- NBC's Inquiry into Brian Williams Expands to Include More Potential Fabrications: Report
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 06, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 9
Play It Again, Dennis
In This Week's Mia Farrow TV Bio, Dennis Boutsikaris Shows He Nose Woody
It almost doesn't matter. To prepare for the role, Boutsikaris, 42, spent hours watching Allen's movies and playing Allen's favorite Louis Armstrong records. Director Karen Arthur approved. "We didn't want someone who would give a weak imitation," she says. "That's a hard head to get into."
Start with the hair. "They shaved my hairline back, dyed my hair red, thinned it, then shaved a bald spot," says Boutsikaris. "Then the nose question came up." Onscreen, Boutsikaris wears a plastic proboscis, which caused him to break out in itchy red welts.
Somehow, Boutsikaris and costar Patsy Kensit, as Farrow, muddled through. The script culminates with the couple's 1992 child-custody battle. "I'm loath to express any opinion about their private lives," says Boutsikaris.
His own life doesn't much resemble Allen's. He grew up in Berkeley Heights, N.J., the son of an ad exec and a homemaker. After graduating from Hampshire College in 1974, he worked off-Broadway and in 1982 played Mozart in Broadway's Amadeus. He lives in Nyack, N.Y., with his wife of 13 years, actress Deborah Hedwall, their daughter, Nina, 7, and son Costa, 4. Still, when it comes to feelings of dread and apprehension, he has his idol down pat. "Mr. Allen is a busy man," says Boutsikaris. "I hope he has something better to do than watch this film."
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!