Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Outlander Recap: Claire Is Forced to Choose Between Jamie and Frank
- Read the Cover Story: Jill and Derick Dillard Share Their Baby Boy's Dramatic Arrival
- Hillary Scott on Lady Antebellum's Tour Bus Fire: It's 'Nothing Compared to What It Could Have Been'
- The Untold Story of Rock Hudson's Final Days
- Jill (Duggar) and Derick Dillard: Israel David's Birth Brought Us Closer Together
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 13, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 10
Hollywood's Thespians Pat Themselves on the Back at the SAG Awards
The SAG honors—given to fellow film and television thespians by the group's 78,000 members—is Hollywood's latest exercise in self-congratulation. Over drinks and dinner on an elaborately decorated soundstage at Universal Studios, about 1,000 cardholders and guests feted and lauded each other in a cozy—and mercifully brief—two-hour televised affair. Tom Hanks and Jodie Foster, who won for Best Acting in a Movie, and Dennis Franz (Best Actor, TV Drama) and Helen Hunt (Best Actress, TV Comedy) were among the 22 performers who took home "The Actor"—an anatomically correct male statue made of bronze.
Everybody seemed to be paired up, including buddies Margaret Cho and Quentin Tarantino. But the twosome that twinkled most were Jerry Seinfeld, 39, and his on-again, off-again sweetheart Shoshanna Lonstein, 19. Seinfeld, whose hit show won for Best Ensemble in a Comedy Series, spent much of the time cuddling and kissing Lonstein, who showed her décolletage in one of the most revealing gowns at the gala. Typically it was Seinfeld who fired off the night's best quip: "In a town with so much plastic surgery," he said, "it's hard to believe they can even give out a SAG Award."
April 18, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!