Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Bachelor's Britt: 'I Cried Every Day' After I Was Sent Home
- The Best Photos from the Week of Feb. 23- Mar. 1, 2015
- The Bachelor: Women Tell All Recap: Britt Is a Beautiful Crier and Kelsey Explains Why Her Story Is So 'Amazing'
- One In a Million: Parents Take Home Two Sets of Identical Twin Girls
- Meryl Streep's Daughters Land Fashion Campaign (Plus, See Kristen Stewart's New Chanel Ad!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 17, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 15
Good as Gold
Costumer Lizzy Gardiner's Oscar Dress Has Paid Off—with Interest and Job Offers
Such attention is a novelty to Gardiner, who recently swapped her apartment in Sydney for a modest Hollywood rental. "I'm brought down to earth every time I put my hands in my pocket and see I've only got $135," she says.
Growing up in Dubbo (mom runs a motel there; dad is a property developer in Sri Lanka), Gardiner always had style. Among her favorite childhood outfits was a black plastic snakeskin ensemble. "I loved it," she admits. "It was hideous." After a stint at design school in Italy, Gardiner returned to Australia in 1987 and designed for TV and film. A pal, director Stephan Elliott, hired her for Priscilla in 1993, and with a $12,000 budget she and Chappel turned out a host of other outlandish creations.
Next month, Gardiner starts work on the Dino DeLaurentiis thriller Bound, starring Jennifer Tilly. She's also negotiating with American Express, which gave her the gold cards—all invalid—for the Oscars and now wants to buy the dress for an undisclosed amount. She's amenable, especially since American Express wants to keep the gleaming garment on display. "It would be horrible," she says, "if it disappeared into a vault."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!