Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- From Julie Andrews to Carrie Underwood, 50 Years of Solving a Problem Like Maria
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- Homeowners Association Denies 6-Year-Old with Leukemia Make-A-Wish Playhouse
- See the Tweets for Harrison Ford After His Plane Crash – And Impressive Prognosis
- Raven-Symoné Is Experimenting with a Platinum Blonde Hairpiece (PHOTOS)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 08, 1995
- Vol. 43
- No. 18
Marcil, 25, prefers to downplay her assets, suggesting that she's less likely to dress in "makeup and heels" than "jeans and combat boots." With her genetic good luck, Marcil would appear radiant in a potato sack. Her French mother and Portuguese father blessed her with "versatile looks," she says, "so I can play lots of different parts." Right now she's raising temperatures on General Hospital as the nasty Brenda Barrett, as well as serving as host of ABC's Friday late-night In Concert. She also manages to squeeze in as many as six sessions a week with a personal trainer. A lifetime vegetarian, she claims she never diets.
Happily single, Marcil shrugs off the Beautiful Girl label. "I'm not ready to be a woman yet," she says. "I'd like it if my body were more boyish. Maybe I'll like my curves when I'm older, but right now they kind of make me squirm." She's not the only one.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!