Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Donald Trump Had a Short Cameo in a 2000 Playboy 'Centerfold' Video
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Paris Jackson Enjoys PDA-Filled Vacation with Boyfriend Michael Snoddy
- Former Power Rangers Star Ricardo Medina Jr. Denies Killing His Roommate with a Sword
- Family Love! Tracee Ellis Ross Shares Cute Snapshot of Mom Diana Ross and Sisters
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 13, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 11
Ahead of the Game
Max Pomeranc Is Search's Chairkid of the Board
Director Steven Zaillian picked Max over hundreds of young chess masters who auditioned last year. "He was missing four or five teeth, and I couldn't understand a word he said," recalls Zaillian. "But his eyes were so expressive, and he had a confidence in himself." Max's reaction when he was offered the role: "He was running around screaming, 'I got the part!' " says Marion. But he soon settled into a performance that New York Times critic Janet Maslin calls "touching and credible."
Now Max, who just started fourth grade in his native Manhattan, has an agent, and Marion is screening scripts for him. Still, the Hollywood scene may not be quite his thing. At a screening party in Los Angeles last month, Max lasted all of 15 minutes before announcing he was bored. "We went back to our hotel with him," notes his mom, "and Max raided the mini-bar."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!