Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Twitter Wants Amy Schumer to Take Over The Bachelorette
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- FROM EW: Matchbox Twenty's Rob Thomas Talks Upcoming Solo Album and New Single, 'Trust You'
- 'Wolverine' Killer Found Dead in the Woods After Slaughtering His Family
- Kaitlyn Bristowe's Bachelorette Blog: The Date Moment That Was 'My Worst Nightmare'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 13, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 11
Call Her Madam
A New Comedy Hall of Fame Gets Rolling with Some Laughs, and a Surprise Guest Named Heidi Gets Tangled in the Gag Lines
Fleiss briefly hid out in the ladies' room to escape photographers, but she couldn't duck the punch lines that came her way once she emerged. Even Burl Reynolds, alluding to his bitter divorce battle with Loni Anderson (see page 80) and how it has diverted attention from the peccadilloes of his showbiz colleagues, found Fleiss the perfect foil. "I got a couple of thank-you notes from Ted Dan-son," he noted, "but I got nothing from Heidi."
Scheduled to air as a two-hour NBC special in November, the ceremony honored Carol Burnett, Walter Matthau, Red Skelton, Jonathan Winters, George Burns and Milton Berle as the Hall of Fame's first members. (The honorees will be immortalized at the UCLA Television Archives and New York City's Museum of Television and Radio.) Presented with small Lucite sculptures, most of the inductees delivered grateful acceptance speeches and professed to be delighted by the honor. Said Winters: "Just to be in that class is quite a thrill." But Burns, 97, seemed to have other prizes in mind. "Keep the award," he told presenter Sharon Stone. "I'll take you home."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!