Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gladys Tordil, 44, Allegedly Gunned Down by Estranged Husband in Maryland High School Shooting Leaving Another Injured: Report
- Read the Cover Story: Prince Harry: Finding My Purpose
- WATCH: Adele Helps Same-Sex Couple Get Engaged During Copenhagen Concert, Volunteers to be Their Surrogate
- Former NFL Star Will Smith's Widow Racquel Accepts Masters Degree on Late Husband's Behalf
- Kristen Bell Discusses Dealing with Anxiety and Depression: 'I Shatter a Little Bit When I Think People Don't Like Me'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 17
BASIC INSTINCT: Long, lush, languid
First attracting attention for what she wasn't wearing, there's more than a Sliver of truth that Sharon Stone is a knockout fully dressed too. She's "much more sensual with her clothes on," said Mark Rydell, director of Stone's upcoming Intersection. The 35-year-old actress favors 28"-waist Levi's and floor-dusting Vera Wang gowns, like the $12,000 satin one she wore to the Oscars. She'll pair a plain T-shirt with a Valentino suit and, with her broad shoulders and long arms, covets men's shirts, which she thinks look great straight out of the dryer, all wrinkled. "I was never much of an ironer," she says. Stone also treasures scarves, her passion undiluted by the fact that in 1992's Basic Instinct, a scarf was an accessory to murder. (Sales of the white silk Hermès scarf billowed after Instinct opened.) But bouts of closet indecision plague her: "You can't imagine how you could've had on 65 different things in 20 minutes," she admits. "I do that when I'm having very bad PMS." But when she heads to the altar at some future date with her fiancé, producer fm Bill Macdonald, Stone knows she'll wear something by Wang, who, she says, "makes the most beautiful wedding dresses, period." Is there anything she wouldn't be caught dead in? "Me?" she hoots. "I have no shame."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!