Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Lawrence Sets the Record Straight About Rumored Fight with David O. Russell
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Plastic Surgeon Opens Members-Only Practice in N.Y.C.
- Bali Suitcase Murder: Bellboy Testifies Heather Mack Wouldn't Allow Him to Carry Her Luggage
- Rosie O'Donnell Files for Divorce from Michelle Rounds
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 17
TABLOID TEASER: "There's no telling what I have on below the waist!"
She earns a reported $2 million-plus a year and, at 5'3½", weighs in at just 110 pounds. But Connie Chung, 47, insists that neither figure (fiscal or physical) is as important to how she dresses as this fact: "If I don't wear jackets, I have no shoulders." Hence the closets in the six-room Manhattan apartment she shares with talkmeister hubby Maury Povich, 54, are a "veritable parade of [well-padded] blazers." In every city in America, she says, "you'll see a woman anchoring the news wearing the same goofy red jacket."
Far from Any City, U.S.A., Dan Rather's coanchor and the host of Eye to Eye is proof that a working woman can wed propriety with pizzazz. She has to wear "something attractive but not distracting, so that the viewer concentrates on what I'm saying." Her "practicality surpassed only by my favorite emotion, guilt," she won't buy anything she can't wear on TV. Weekends, she opts for jeans and sneakers. She shops solo ("Maury hates shopping with me") and snappy ("I try on a few things and I'm out of there"). Wincing when she views "old tapes where I'm wearing polyester pantsuits with pointy collars," Chung now runs the gamut from the Gap to Valentino and is a die-hard classicist. "You won't," she promises, "catch me wearing the waif look on the news."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!