Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: SNL Imagines What Would Happen If Bernie Sanders Was Really Larry David
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- See the Top 10 Super Bowl Food Searches on Google – and Get the Recipes
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders Banters with 1-Percenter Larry David on SNL: 'Enough Is Enough!'
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz ... or Tom Cruise? Zoolander Stars Break Down Presidential Race on SNL
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 17
NEVER WITHOUT: Mom's engagement ring
Janine Turner is blessed with style schizophrenia. On the hit series Northern Exposure, it's flannels and woolens for her character, bush pilot Maggie O'Connell. When she's out on the town, Turner, 30, goes for glamor, like the exquisite black Armani gown with spaghetti straps she donned for the Emmy Awards last month. "I get to go from Maggie, whose layered look I love," she says, "to L.A. and be dressed up. I have a blast doing both."
Turner stands out because she trusts simple lines and lets her own girl-next-door good looks and self-confidence do the rest, which, says designer Giorgio Armani, "allows her to wear anything with style." A devotee of clean, cool classics, Turner often mixes and matches pieces by Donna Karan ("designs for a woman's body") and Armani ("a lot of class"). A final ingredient: "a dash of sex...show a bit of woman." To stand tall by her man (no one special at the moment, says Turner), the 5'6" actress uses a visual trick: "I put on long black pants, tuck a shirt in my waist and put on a belt." And no matter if she's wearing something in voluptuous black or sweeping green velvet, Turner's clothes, says designer Karan, "seem like they're her best friend. The clothes don't come out at you—she does, with her great personality."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!