Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Hilary Duff Totally Loves This New Web Series About Dating … and You Will Too!
- The Best Photos from the Week of July 27- August 2, 2015
- Ben Affleck Nanny Christine Ouzounian 'Is Coping Fine' Amid Affair Allegations, Friend Says
- Hello (Again), Dolly! The Singer Headlines Her First Nashville Concert in 13 Years
- Texas Neurosurgeon Charged with Assault for Botched Surgeries
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 17
WORST OFFENSE: Wore sweatpants and high-tops to a black-tie event
What can you say about a woman whose most chic, understated ensemble was the ahead-of-its-time nun's habit (the religious look is now in, you know) that she wore in the 1992 hit Sister Act? Possibly because comedy made her famous, Goldberg, 43, who earned a reported $8 million for the sequel due in December, also views her offscreen wardrobe as nunsense. The actress bops around L.A. in sneakers and workout gear. "It takes a lot—get dressed up, present yourself as a star is supposed to be presented," she has said. Renowned film and TV costumer Nolan Miller (Dynasty) considers a prime achievement "getting Whoopi into high heels and a bra" for Soapdish. He was lucky. Goldberg, who currently Cheers up divorcing Ted Danson, showed up last winter at Harvard in a suit big enough for two. For this year's Oscars she outdid herself in a green-and-grape-juice-colored gown. The getup included a skirt that opened to reveal turquoise and (she clearly loves the color purple) eggplant capri pants. And, of course, the lipstick was aubergine. (Not for nothing did Whoopi get a degree in cosmetology.) Fashion critics howled, but Goldberg stood firm: "After all, it's Hollywood." And after all, it's Whoopi.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!