Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jacob Tremblay Is This Awards Season's Adorable Little MVP – and His Cute Instagrams Offer All the Proof
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Will Smith Jokes About His Hands-Off Parenting of Jaden and Willow: 'We May Have Gone Too Far'
- 5 Things to Know About Emma Watson's Rugged New Guy
- American Crime Story's Wild Bronco Chase, as Told in GIFs
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 17
WORST OFFENSE: Wore sweatpants and high-tops to a black-tie event
What can you say about a woman whose most chic, understated ensemble was the ahead-of-its-time nun's habit (the religious look is now in, you know) that she wore in the 1992 hit Sister Act? Possibly because comedy made her famous, Goldberg, 43, who earned a reported $8 million for the sequel due in December, also views her offscreen wardrobe as nunsense. The actress bops around L.A. in sneakers and workout gear. "It takes a lot—get dressed up, present yourself as a star is supposed to be presented," she has said. Renowned film and TV costumer Nolan Miller (Dynasty) considers a prime achievement "getting Whoopi into high heels and a bra" for Soapdish. He was lucky. Goldberg, who currently Cheers up divorcing Ted Danson, showed up last winter at Harvard in a suit big enough for two. For this year's Oscars she outdid herself in a green-and-grape-juice-colored gown. The getup included a skirt that opened to reveal turquoise and (she clearly loves the color purple) eggplant capri pants. And, of course, the lipstick was aubergine. (Not for nothing did Whoopi get a degree in cosmetology.) Fashion critics howled, but Goldberg stood firm: "After all, it's Hollywood." And after all, it's Whoopi.
February 09, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!