Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chewbacca Mom Candace Payne Reacts to Sudden Fame: 'I'm Enjoying Every Single Moment!'
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Beth Howland, Who Played Vera on Alice, Has Died at 74
- Three Utah Sisters Diagnosed with Cancer Within Weeks of Each Other: 'You Have to Have Faith, Hope and Humor'
- 21 Awkward Date Stories That Will Make You Want to Hide Forever
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 17
BIGGEST MISTAKE: Dressing down
HELPFUL HINT: Whenever you go shopping, you should take along a friend who promises to be honest
She has what many only dream about: gorgeous looks, big bucks, fame, great hair. So why is it that Julia Roberts, 25, always seems to be scratching the bottom of the apparel barrel? Granted, dressing down is de rigueur among Hollywood trendoids; Roberts, however, travels even further down this anti-fashion road. A worst-dressed list veteran, she prefers mismatched stuff that is unglamorous and oversize. Was she separated at birth from Raggedy Ann, or what?
After two years away from the public eye, she's back and lamenting the scrutiny she faces. When she's thin, she said recently, people think she's on drugs; "if I wear a baggy dress, I'm pregnant." Maybe hubby Lyle Lovett, a tunester with taste, can persuade her to sink some of the $6 million-plus she earns per movie into something slinky by Armani or classic by Chanel. It was Lovett, after all, who purchased the graceful Comme des Garçons wedding dress Julia wore to their June nuptials and she who chose to play the barefoot bride. For a White House dinner last month, Roberts, who had been filming The Pelican Brief in D.C., did, however, put on pumps. She's getting over her fear of footwear; her fear of stylish dressing haute not to be far behind.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!