Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Former Baywatch Star Jeremy Jackson Arrested for Allegedly Stabbing a Man
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 20- Apr. 26, 2015
- He's Back: Entourage's Johnny Drama Returns on Jimmy Kimmel Live! (VIDEO)
- Freddie Gray's Family Condemns Baltimore Riots: 'Don't Tear Up the Whole City Just for Him'
- Sam Smith Cancels Australian Tour Dates Due to Vocal Cord Hemorrhage
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 17
BIGGEST MISTAKE: Dressing down
HELPFUL HINT: Whenever you go shopping, you should take along a friend who promises to be honest
She has what many only dream about: gorgeous looks, big bucks, fame, great hair. So why is it that Julia Roberts, 25, always seems to be scratching the bottom of the apparel barrel? Granted, dressing down is de rigueur among Hollywood trendoids; Roberts, however, travels even further down this anti-fashion road. A worst-dressed list veteran, she prefers mismatched stuff that is unglamorous and oversize. Was she separated at birth from Raggedy Ann, or what?
After two years away from the public eye, she's back and lamenting the scrutiny she faces. When she's thin, she said recently, people think she's on drugs; "if I wear a baggy dress, I'm pregnant." Maybe hubby Lyle Lovett, a tunester with taste, can persuade her to sink some of the $6 million-plus she earns per movie into something slinky by Armani or classic by Chanel. It was Lovett, after all, who purchased the graceful Comme des Garçons wedding dress Julia wore to their June nuptials and she who chose to play the barefoot bride. For a White House dinner last month, Roberts, who had been filming The Pelican Brief in D.C., did, however, put on pumps. She's getting over her fear of footwear; her fear of stylish dressing haute not to be far behind.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!