Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince William, Kate & George Make Their Way to Buckingham Palace for Christmas Party
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Pennsylvania Shooting Suspect Never Saw Combat, Says Marine Who Served with Him
- Sony Cancels Release of The Interview
- American Horror Story's Naomi Grossman: 'Viewers Will be Satiated' by Pepper's Backstory
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Wednesday December 17, 2014 06:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 17
Robert Downey Jr.
FASHION STATEMENT: When I say junior, I mean junior!
Last year, no doubt sensing that something was amiss, Robert Downey Jr. attempted some Short Cuts to sharper dressing: "Someone did my Color Me Beautiful chart," the 28-year-old actor said. "I was told I was a winter and shouldn't wear any earth colors." In the Color plan, skin tone (his has a blue undertone) determines one's most flattering wardrobe hues. (Winters, including Richard Nixon and Cher, should stick mainly to black, white, blue and gray tones). But where did he unearth these fashion strategies? His flapping shirt-tails peek out from beneath too-big jackets that he doesn't seem to know how to button. The Chaplin star and Best Actor nominee showed up at this year's Oscars wearing a midnight-blue velvet jacket set off by a chiffon scarf tied in a loopy bow ("mondo bizarro" observed the Chicago Tribune). Maybe playing the Little Tramp had a dizzying effect: He took home the movie wardrobe, and now his wife, fashion model and new mother (the couple had their first child, a son, last month) Deborah Falconer, has the bug. "Debbie's my size," Downey said. "And she's claimed some of the best stuff." It's got to look better on her.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!