Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Peyton Manning's Plans After Super Bowl Win: 'I Want to Go Kiss My Wife and My Kids' ... and 'Drink a Lot of Budweiser'
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Marshawn Lynch Appears to Retire Mid-Super Bowl
- Celebrities Cheer on Lady Gaga's Performance – Including Ellen DeGeneres: 'I'm So Glad I Loaned You My Jumpsuit'
- Saoirse Ronan Bonded with Jamie Foster Over the Pressures of Navigating Hollywood as a Former Child Star
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 17
FORMAL WEAR FAUX PAS: Wearing bow tie, tails and...jeans
NEVER SEEN IN: Clothes that fit
Though John Wayne was his hero, Garth Brooks looks more Pillsbury Doughboy than big-screen cowboy. The king of country pop reportedly earned a mere $47 million over the past year, but the money certainly wasn't used on a shopping spree. He has seen the error of his pose—if not his clothes—and has recently shed 40 pounds. But wearing a ten-gallon hat on a five-gallon head and sporting shirts that are louder than the Saturday night crowd at the Grand Ole Opry, Garth—and his wardrobe—remains "Shameless."
Brooks, 31, said that he and country heartthrob Clint Black dress so much alike (striped shirts, big-brim hats and tighter-than-this jeans) that his wife, Sandy, once yelled, "Come here, I think I'm watching you on TV!" when it was Black who was on. So what makes Black a hunk and Brooks flunk? Clint's wardrobe seems thought-out and couture-cut; Brooks looks as if he grabbed his outfit in a midnight search-and-seizure raid.
Garth, listen up: Now that you've put in all that time scaling down to size, it's time to do the same thing with your gear. Those big patterns make you look bigger. The hat hides your good-lookin' face. Congratulations on dropping the porkiness; now you should think about losing some of the dorkiness.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!