Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Find Out What Joe Jonas Has to Say About Exes Taylor, Demi and Gigi on WWHL's Plead the Fifth!
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Melanie Griffith on Being 'Introspective' and 'Totally Curious' About Her New Path in Life
- Oprah Winfrey, Kelly Clarkson, Kerry Washington and More React to Hillary Clinton's Nomination on Twitter
- Pretty Little Liars Star Troian Bellisario Doesn't Want Any Part of the Taylor vs. Kim Feud: 'I Would Choose the Green Party'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 17
FASHION IDEAL: Believes wardrobes should have wit
ACT OF MERCY: Kill the quills
"Why spend money on a very regular jacket when you can have these fabulous feathery things—sequined pants, platform shoes, marabou jackets—that make a statement?" Marisa Tomei has asked. A few answers come quickly to mind: Because parodying poultry doesn't become a talented Oscar-winning actress (My Cousin Vinny). Because when clothes are allowed to make statements, they're liable to say all the wrong things. Because bedecking yourself in froufrou, day in and day out, will inevitably lead to a counter-desire for clothes so starkly unadorned that you'll be able to pass as a double for the figure on a Don't Walk sign. "I like clothes with a sense of humor," Tomei has said. Though she deserves credit for trying to avoid a standard Hollywood basic-black wardrobe, the Brooklyn-born Tomei, 28, who is single and nests in both L.A. and New York City, should save her comedic spins for the screen. She proved herself one of the best comedians since Lucille Ball, playing Vinny's Mona Lisa Vito, whom she has described as "a fashion victim." Maybe it's time for her to cause a flap by stepping out of character.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!