Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Utah Mom's Golden Girls' 'Granny Panties' Are a Big Holiday Hit (Spoiler: Blanche's Are Crotchless)
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Dan Deacon on Touring with Miley Cyrus: She's Surprisingly 'Down to Earth'
- Kristin Cavallari Posts Sweet Snap With New Daughter Saylor James
- Coat Porn: 50 Celeb Outfits That Are All About the Outerwear
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 17
FASHION IDEAL: Believes wardrobes should have wit
ACT OF MERCY: Kill the quills
"Why spend money on a very regular jacket when you can have these fabulous feathery things—sequined pants, platform shoes, marabou jackets—that make a statement?" Marisa Tomei has asked. A few answers come quickly to mind: Because parodying poultry doesn't become a talented Oscar-winning actress (My Cousin Vinny). Because when clothes are allowed to make statements, they're liable to say all the wrong things. Because bedecking yourself in froufrou, day in and day out, will inevitably lead to a counter-desire for clothes so starkly unadorned that you'll be able to pass as a double for the figure on a Don't Walk sign. "I like clothes with a sense of humor," Tomei has said. Though she deserves credit for trying to avoid a standard Hollywood basic-black wardrobe, the Brooklyn-born Tomei, 28, who is single and nests in both L.A. and New York City, should save her comedic spins for the screen. She proved herself one of the best comedians since Lucille Ball, playing Vinny's Mona Lisa Vito, whom she has described as "a fashion victim." Maybe it's time for her to cause a flap by stepping out of character.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!