Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Demi Moore and Daughter Rumer Willis Look Like Twins in New Photo
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Kacy Catanzaro's American Ninja Warrior Premiere Blog: Starting the Season with a Showstopper
- Pope Francis Hasn't Watched Television Since 1990, Longs for Good Pizza
- Kanye West's Sweet Anniversary Message to Wife Kim Kardashian: 'The Girl of My Dreams'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 17
FASHION IDEAL: Believes wardrobes should have wit
ACT OF MERCY: Kill the quills
"Why spend money on a very regular jacket when you can have these fabulous feathery things—sequined pants, platform shoes, marabou jackets—that make a statement?" Marisa Tomei has asked. A few answers come quickly to mind: Because parodying poultry doesn't become a talented Oscar-winning actress (My Cousin Vinny). Because when clothes are allowed to make statements, they're liable to say all the wrong things. Because bedecking yourself in froufrou, day in and day out, will inevitably lead to a counter-desire for clothes so starkly unadorned that you'll be able to pass as a double for the figure on a Don't Walk sign. "I like clothes with a sense of humor," Tomei has said. Though she deserves credit for trying to avoid a standard Hollywood basic-black wardrobe, the Brooklyn-born Tomei, 28, who is single and nests in both L.A. and New York City, should save her comedic spins for the screen. She proved herself one of the best comedians since Lucille Ball, playing Vinny's Mona Lisa Vito, whom she has described as "a fashion victim." Maybe it's time for her to cause a flap by stepping out of character.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!