Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jimmy Fallon Steps Out In Cast After Hand Injury
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Justin Bieber's Friend Suffers Gruesome Bite in Shark Attack (Warning: Graphic Photos)
- Mila Kunis Is Married! See Her Most Beautiful Bridal Moments
- Demi Lovato Falls on Stage in Crazy High Heels, Handles It Like a Pro (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 25, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 17
Follicles of '93: the Goatee Is Back
No, They Didn't Forget to Shave; Some Celebrities Find Personal Growth Right on the Tips of Their Chins
The modified billygoat look hasn't been really fashionable in the West since the 17th century, when it was de rigueur for such grandees as Charles I of England and Cardinal Richelieu of France. Goatees had a brief revival during the American Civil War, when young officers wore them for added dash. Then came a long dry spell in the States—until the beatniks and Bob Denver's crazy cool Krebs. Umberto, a one-name-only Los Angeles men's hair stylist, who has trimmed goatees for Rod Stewart and Julian Lennon, likes them because they offer a quick, low-maintenance way to change a guy's looks. "If a man wants to extend his chin, he can make the goatee longer and thicker," says Umberio. "If he wants to sharpen the jawline, he can make it shorter. Men use goatees the same way women use makeup." And hey, man, goalees don't run in the rain.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!