Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kelly Osbourne Remembers Life Lessons from Joan Rivers on Anniversary of Her Death
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- VIDEO: Terminally Ill Single Mom Fights to Live and Die Her Way
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Introduces Daughter Ariah: 'She's My Mini-Me'
- Jessa (Duggar) Seewald Shares Sweet Photo in Celebration of Upcoming Wedding Anniversary
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 15, 1993
- Vol. 40
- No. 20
Picks and Pans Review: Jazzmatazz
In Jazzmatazz's artistic-statement-ahead intro, rapper Guru declares, "This is an experimental fusion of jazz and hip-hop," adding with professional seriousness that hip-hop, like jazz, is a "cultural expression based on reality."
No matter what Guru's intent, you can't deny Jazzmatazz's groove. He hooks up with musicians Branford Marsalis, Courtney Pine, Roy Ayers, Donald Byrd and singers N'dea Davenport (who steals the show on the sassy "Trust Me") and Carleen Anderson. The result is more acid jazz (a hybrid of rap, funk and jazz) than traditional jazz and not half as experimental as Guru would like you to think, but the excursion has its fluid, funky moments. Among them: "Transit Ride," a subway travelogue that's sure to upset New York City officials, and "Le Bien, Le Mal," a showcase for the U.S. debut of Parisian star MC Solaar. A French-speaking rapper throwing down over American pop/jazz tracks says more about hip-hop's importance than any of Guru's well-intentioned preaching. (Chrysalis)
- Billy Altman,
- Amy Linden,
- Michael Small.
September 04, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!