Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mark Zuckerberg Welcomes Daughter Max – and Announce He and Dr. Priscilla Chan Will Give Away 99 Percent of Their Fortune
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Newly Single Halle Berry Hits the Dance Floor at a Hollywood Club During Night Out with Friends
- Florida Man Allegedly Electrocuted Father to Inherit Money from His Will
- California Mother Convicted of Murdering Her 3 Little Girls: 'She Lost Her Mind,' Says Husband
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 31, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 4
Picks and Pans Review: The Critic
Jay Sherman is a plump, balding, divorced New Yorker. But this nebbish pursues a noble profession: critic. He's the host of TV's Corning Attractions, on which he dismissively rates movies on the "Sher-mometer." Oh, by the way, Sherman is a cartoon (voice by Jon Lovitz).
This animated series is slyly amusing when sticking it to showbiz, taking sarcastic swipes at everyone from Steven Seagal to Gene Shalit. At its best, it's still several strides behind the savage, protean wit of The Simpsons, and the humor sputters when the focus is personal—detailing Sherman's dating woes or his relationship with his son.
There is one moment I can't let pass. A network honcho is approached by a PEOPLE reporter who wheedles, "Mr. Phillips, you're fabulously wealthy. You're a world-class athlete. You were great in bed last night. How does that feel?" How ridiculous this vignette is. PEOPLE staffers are pros. We would never use such a hyperbolic phrase as "fabulously wealthy."
December 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!