Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Voice Star Jordan Smith Weds His Longtime Love Kristen Denny
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Meghan King Edmonds Opens Up About Pregnancy Hormones: 'I Was Happy But I Was Sad'
- WATCH: Matthew McConaughey Reveals Which of His Female Costars He Really Had a Crush On Growing Up
- WATCH: Jamie Lynn Spears Reveals Sister Britney's Advice for Dealing With Public Scrutiny: "Trust Yourself"
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 31, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 4
Picks and Pans Review: The Critic
Jay Sherman is a plump, balding, divorced New Yorker. But this nebbish pursues a noble profession: critic. He's the host of TV's Corning Attractions, on which he dismissively rates movies on the "Sher-mometer." Oh, by the way, Sherman is a cartoon (voice by Jon Lovitz).
This animated series is slyly amusing when sticking it to showbiz, taking sarcastic swipes at everyone from Steven Seagal to Gene Shalit. At its best, it's still several strides behind the savage, protean wit of The Simpsons, and the humor sputters when the focus is personal—detailing Sherman's dating woes or his relationship with his son.
There is one moment I can't let pass. A network honcho is approached by a PEOPLE reporter who wheedles, "Mr. Phillips, you're fabulously wealthy. You're a world-class athlete. You were great in bed last night. How does that feel?" How ridiculous this vignette is. PEOPLE staffers are pros. We would never use such a hyperbolic phrase as "fabulously wealthy."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!