Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 3 Chic Hair Looks for the PEOPLE Magazine Awards, Inspired by Jennifer Aniston and More!
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Teresa and Joe Giudice Are Not Getting Divorced
- President Obama: More Sports Stars Should Speak Out on Social Issues
- Angelina Jolie: A Therapist Would Have a Field Day Analyzing the Films I Choose to Do
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday December 18, 2014 05:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 21, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 7
Louise Fletcher won the 1975 Best Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Nurse Ratched in One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, but it was for her May-December relationship with Morgan Mason that Fletcher made waves in PEOPLE (July 11, 1977). The actress, who had recently split with producer-husband Jerry Bick, was 43 and the mother of two teenage sons when she set up house with Mason, then 22, a former child actor and the son of actors James and Pamela Mason. "He was so much more sophisticated than I was," says Fletcher, now 59, who will appear in the upcoming black comedy Tollbooth. Still close friends, Fletcher and Mason say age was not a factor in their 1980 breakup. "I still have great affection for her," says Mason, now 38, a William Morris executive, married since 1985 to singer Belinda Carlisle, 35. Fletcher, who lives alone in L.A., has no regrets either. Says she: "That experience taught me that I was capable of great love."
December 18, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!