Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- See Leah Jenner's Beautiful Babymoon Photos – and Her Bump!
- Read the Cover Story: Avril Lavigne Opens Up About Her Secret Health Crisis
- Nathan Lane 'Still Reeling' from Zayn's One Direction Exit
- Spectacular Fake-Out Foods for Your April Fool's Day Menu
- Behati Prinsloo's Skirt Flies Up on the Red Carpet: See Her Marilyn Moment
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 21, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 7
Louise Fletcher won the 1975 Best Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Nurse Ratched in One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, but it was for her May-December relationship with Morgan Mason that Fletcher made waves in PEOPLE (July 11, 1977). The actress, who had recently split with producer-husband Jerry Bick, was 43 and the mother of two teenage sons when she set up house with Mason, then 22, a former child actor and the son of actors James and Pamela Mason. "He was so much more sophisticated than I was," says Fletcher, now 59, who will appear in the upcoming black comedy Tollbooth. Still close friends, Fletcher and Mason say age was not a factor in their 1980 breakup. "I still have great affection for her," says Mason, now 38, a William Morris executive, married since 1985 to singer Belinda Carlisle, 35. Fletcher, who lives alone in L.A., has no regrets either. Says she: "That experience taught me that I was capable of great love."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!