Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Inside the Investigation of a Kindergarten Teacher's Shocking Death – and the Messy Divorce Before It
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- See Dancing with the Stars Pro Kym Johnson's Wild Bachelorette Party in Vegas!
- Duncan Jones Welcomes Son Stenton David Jones 6 Months After Dad David Bowie's Death
- WATCH AND SHOP: Never Hear 'You Look Tired' Again – Thanks to This Beauty Product
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 21, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 7
No Bull, Michael Jordan Takes a Swing at Baseball
In contrast to legions of skeptical sportswriters and baseball people, most at the party—a benefit for the Night Ministry, a Chicago group that helps homeless teenagers—seemed to think he'd make it. "Mike is skinny. If you're skinny, you can be a good baseball player," joked Darryl Bell, a former costar of A Different World.
Jordan, whose actual birthday is Feb. 17, is set to attend spring training later this month in Sarasota, Fla., then join the White Sox's AAA team, the Nashville Sounds. Inspiration for his decision, he says, came from his father, James "Pops" Jordan, who was found murdered seven months ago in North Carolina. "He and I talked about playing professional baseball, and I'm going to do that no matter what people say about me," said Jordan with a tear rolling down his cheek. "He's watching me. I know he is. And I know he's really proud of what I'm trying to achieve."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!