Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Steve Harvey on Parents Rejecting Their LGBT Children: 'I Would Never Stop Loving My Kid'
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- From Matthew Crawley to the Beast: Producer Shares a First Look at Dan Stevens as the Prince in Beauty and the Beast
- French Montana Admires Iggy Azalea's Famed Booty as They Head to Cabo with Friends
- Is Kendall Jenner Banned from Uber? Kim Kardashian Claims Her Sister Has Been 'Suspended' from the App
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 28, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 8
Professionally speaking, Joe Piscopo was in top form in January 1983, when he first appeared in PEOPLE. Few knew then that the comic, who had endeared himself to millions of Saturday Night Live fans with dead-on satirical send-ups of Frank Sinatra, Andy Rooney and Phil Donahue, had been told two years earlier that he had thyroid cancer. "I decided not to talk about it because I didn't want the stigma of being 'a sick person,' " says Piscopo, who heeded the advice of his doctor to get plenty of exercise. But while Piscopo beefed up spectacularly by weight lifting, both his career and his 15-year marriage fell apart. "I didn't think I would make it to 35," he says. "I just said, 'Look, I'm gonna lead my life because you're not here long enough.' " Though he left SNL in 1984 for the movies, he wound up in commercials for General Nutrition Centers, Bally's Health Clubs and Miller Lite. And when he split with his wife, Nancy, in 1988, it was to take up with 18-year-old Kimberly Driscoll, his son Joey's former baby-sitter. "Nice life, Joe!" he says in retrospect. "I was doing well, and then—boom!" Now 42, cancer-free and back on track, Piscopo is engaged to Driscoll and honing a new club act. "I'll be indebted forever to SNL," he says. "But you know what I like on television? I'm addicted to C-SPAN."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!