Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mae Whitman Talks Parenthood Finale and What's Next
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Heidi Pratt's Father Arrested on Child Sex Abuse Charges
- Harry Potter Star Robbie Coltrane Hospitalized in Florida
- Kim Kardashian's Ultimate Instagram? See Her and Kanye with President Obama
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday January 31, 2015 07:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 04, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 12
Picks and Pans Review: Your Filthy Little Mouth
Hello, Mr. Roth. It's your doctor. We've finished all the tests on your fourth solo album since leaving Van Halen, and we've got first some good news and then some bad.
The new direction you're taking could be a healthy one for you. You're trying to mix things up. Following in the tradition of your hit, "Just a Gigolo," you've expanded your repertoire to include everything from country to blues to reggae. And songs like the jangly duct with Travis Tritt, "Cheatin' Heart Cafe," could get you back on your feet soon.
Unfortunately you haven't mixed things up enough. From the tedious blues of "Experience" to the bloated rock songs like "She's My Machine" and "Big Train," you seem to be all show and no tune. These numbers approach self-parody. We'll need you to come in for further analysis regarding your solo career. Please bring the charts from your Van Halen days. We've booked a room for you in the Shelley Long Career-Counseling Clinic. (Reprise)
- Ralph Novak,
- Craig Tomashoff,
- Todd Gold,
- Tomy Scherman.
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!