Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim and Kanye Step Out for Stylish Dinner Date After Yeezy Fashion Show
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- POTUS and FLOTUS' Valentine's Day Messages to Each Other – and Why They Never Fight
- Mother of Columbine Shooter Speaks Out Nearly 17 Years After Massacre: Not a Day Goes by That 'I Don't Think of the People That Dylan Harmed'
- Is This Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift Part II? Rapper Insists Her Joke Inspired 'Famous' Lyrics: 'I Did Not Diss' Her
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
Picks and Pans Review: Getting Gotti
In this docudrama, Lorraine Bracco plays Diane Giacalone, an assistant U.S. attorney who devoted many years to bringing down New York City Mob boss John Gotti (Tony Denison). But the 1987 trial in which she prosecuted Gotti and six other defendants ended in acquittal, a verdict later clouded by charges of jury tampering.
The film labors from the opening scenes to establish that the fates of Giacalone and Gotti are intertwined, that they are two sides of a coin from the same Italian-American neighborhood.
This movie runs on alternating current. Every time the camera is on the swaggering Denison the mood is electric. He helps paint a dark portrait of New York City Mob life, where brutal men plot violence and extract tribute from the back rooms of seedy social clubs. Switch over to Bracco, with her lazy, disinterested manner, and the excitement evaporates. Casting Mercedes Ruehl in her role would have improved this film immeasurably.
The problem with Getting Gotti is that it keeps losing Gotti.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!