Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Atlanta Attorney Says He Accidentally Fatally Shot Wife as They Drove Home – and Blames Black Lives Matter Protestors
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- FROM EW: Relive 42 Years of Saturday Night Live Auditions with These Throwback Videos
- Here's a Reminder That You Can Ice Skate on Kim Kardashian's New Engagement Ring from Kanye West
- Donald Trump Told Howard Stern He Thought Paris Hilton Was 'Beautiful' When She Was 12 Years Old
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
Happy Mother's Day, Mrs. O
Photographer Judy Olausen Has Turned a Lifelong Homemaker into a Surreal Mom
One day in 1990, Olausen posed Vivian down on all fours, her back supporting a kidney-shaped plate of glass, in the living room of Mom's Wayzata, Minn., home. Mother as Coffee Table, a vision of housewifely submission, launched a series of (so far) 20 pictures depicting Vivian as Doormat, Stepford Wife and Roadkill.
Olausen, married to a postmaster's assistant, stresses that the photos (which she hopes to publish as a book by next Mother's Day) satirize a stereotype, not Vivian, a widow she describes as "always loving and patient." Very patient. Though even June Cleaver might have resented rope burns from being hoisted aloft to pose as Flying Mom, Vivian doesn't mind. "I'm just Judy's model," she says, smiling. "I leave it all up to her."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!