Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Game of Thrones Fans Are Freaking Out About Sunday's Shocker
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- All the Highlights – and Winners – from the American Country Countdown Awards
- One Happy Family! Dr. Oz and Daphne Oz Both Take Home Daytime Emmys
- Khloé Kardashian Says She's Done with Caitlyn Jenner on KUWTK Premiere: 'I Don't Have a Relationship with Her'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
Happy Mother's Day, Mrs. O
Photographer Judy Olausen Has Turned a Lifelong Homemaker into a Surreal Mom
One day in 1990, Olausen posed Vivian down on all fours, her back supporting a kidney-shaped plate of glass, in the living room of Mom's Wayzata, Minn., home. Mother as Coffee Table, a vision of housewifely submission, launched a series of (so far) 20 pictures depicting Vivian as Doormat, Stepford Wife and Roadkill.
Olausen, married to a postmaster's assistant, stresses that the photos (which she hopes to publish as a book by next Mother's Day) satirize a stereotype, not Vivian, a widow she describes as "always loving and patient." Very patient. Though even June Cleaver might have resented rope burns from being hoisted aloft to pose as Flying Mom, Vivian doesn't mind. "I'm just Judy's model," she says, smiling. "I leave it all up to her."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!