Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- A Mother's Tears: Families From Orlando, Sandy Hook and Charleston Mass Shootings Plead at DNC for Stricter Gun Laws
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Bindi Irwin Praises Ariel Winter's Body Confidence for Encouraging Young Girls to 'Love Who They Are'
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Chelsea Clinton Says She'd Consider 'Daughter's Summit' with Ivanka Trump: 'I Don't Expect Her to Always Have to Defend Her Father'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
The 50 Most Beautiful People in the World
•Always operate this issue in a safe, responsible manner.
Magazines don't come equipped with air bags, so do not skid at high speeds across singer Toni Braxton's lips, which could lead to a nasty collision with actor Antonio Banderas, pictured nearby. Do not career rapidly from Heather Locklear to teen idol Joey Lawrence. which could overstimulate delicate nerve endings. And do not speed skate to gold medalist Dan Jansen from the icy perfection of The House of Eliott's Louise Lombard. Turn pages at a moderate pace.
•Don't try this at home.
Being one of the nifty 50 is not something that everyone can achieve—at least not on short notice. A mysterious chemistry is at work in the model looks of Stephanie Seymour and reigning Miss America Kimberly Aiken. Superman Dean Cain is from another planet, and Daniel Day-Lewis is otherworldly. So, earthlings, do not go at your love handles with a power sander. Do not sit at the mirror twisting your lips into a sensuous snarl. Do not overdo the ThighMaster.
•Store in a cool, dry place.
File these hotshots in the part of your brain most likely to understand that inner beauty, kindness and community spirit are every bit as significant as being cute. Still, you must resist the urge to dive into the depths of country singer John Michael Montgomery's dimples and Madeleine Stowe's brown eyes.
Remember these safety tips, and you can come serenely face-to-face with Paul Newman or Winona Ryder and calmly confront some surprises, too, such as Capitol Hill hunk Al Gore Jr. and supermodel Naomi Campbell's mother, Valerie, who could set off Stendhal's syndrome all by herself. In fact, we're so sure that you will have a safe and enjoyable journey through the following pages, we're going to make one further recommendation:
•Take two before bedtime.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!