Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Fear the Walking Dead: Los Angeles Is Hit with a 'Strange Virus' in First Promo
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- The Walking Dead Finale Recap: Keeping the Wolves from the Door
- RHOA Recap: The Housewives Head to the Philippines (with a Lot of Baggage)
- Justin Timberlake Almost Stole Taylor Swift's iHeartRadio Award
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
The pairing has been fruitful. Sergei, now 27, and Katya, 22, won Olympic gold in Calgary in 1988, turned pro in 1990, wed the next year and had a daughter, Darya. In Lillehammer the couple won another gold with their fast and fluid performance, where Katya again reigned, as SPORTS ILLUSTRATED once observed, as "the most enchanting champion in skating."
In addition to a little apartment awarded them by the Soviet government, the couple have a home in Tampa. She loves the ocean but when in Russia avoids Moscow tap water ("the worst thing for the skin!"). She barely wears makeup outside of performances. In fact, she believes Russian women overdo it, glopping on iridescent eye shadow. "We didn't have western fashion magazines to give us advice," says Katya, who, with Sergei, is on the Campbell's Soups skating tour of U.S. cities through mid-July. Her own needs are minimal: Chapstick, a hairbrush and, she adds, I think every Russian? woman needs her fur!" Even ice princesses need to keep warm.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!