Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- So Cute! Harper Beckham Styles Dad David's Hair – with a Bow
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 27- May 3, 2015
- Proof Taylor Swift's World Tour Is Completely Flawless
- Newly Uncovered Letter by Mark Twain Suggests He Once Contemplated Suicide
- FROM GOLF: Tiger Woods Hasn't Slept in 3 Days Since Breakup with Lindsey Vonn
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
The pairing has been fruitful. Sergei, now 27, and Katya, 22, won Olympic gold in Calgary in 1988, turned pro in 1990, wed the next year and had a daughter, Darya. In Lillehammer the couple won another gold with their fast and fluid performance, where Katya again reigned, as SPORTS ILLUSTRATED once observed, as "the most enchanting champion in skating."
In addition to a little apartment awarded them by the Soviet government, the couple have a home in Tampa. She loves the ocean but when in Russia avoids Moscow tap water ("the worst thing for the skin!"). She barely wears makeup outside of performances. In fact, she believes Russian women overdo it, glopping on iridescent eye shadow. "We didn't have western fashion magazines to give us advice," says Katya, who, with Sergei, is on the Campbell's Soups skating tour of U.S. cities through mid-July. Her own needs are minimal: Chapstick, a hairbrush and, she adds, I think every Russian? woman needs her fur!" Even ice princesses need to keep warm.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!