Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: See Joanna Krupa's Egg-Retrieval Procedure
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- It's Another Girl for Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell!
- Which Former Boy Band Member Will Compete on The Amazing Race?
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 04:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
Maybe so, but with three films in the U.S. (he's an uptight vicar in Sirens, a starchy Brit in Polanski's Bitter Moon and a bounding bachelor in Weddings), Grant remains true to his self-deprecating nature. On doing a nude scene: "I looked like a trussed chicken." On classical music: "It can make me suicidal in five seconds." On Hollywood: "I did do a lot of arugula and mahimahi lunches there." What won't he do? Madonna, who badgered him—unsuccessfully—for a date. Grant, the son of a sales-man-turned-artist father and teacher mother, prefers the company of Elizabeth Hurley, 29 (Passenger 57), his English actress-girlfriend of seven years, who lives in L.A. and with whom he talks daily. Despite hints from his mother, marriage is not a definite—"I feel very up and down about it." What is definite is his ability to charm millions of moviegoers with a single bashful smile. Said Weddings director Mike Newell:' I haven't found an American woman yet who hasn't flipped for him."
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!