Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- What Made Honors Student Ashton Sachs Kill His Parents?
- The Best Photos from the Week of Feb. 23- Mar. 1, 2015
- WATCH: This Ride Is Snow Joke
- One Direction Style Facts You Need to Know (Like Why Harry Styles Never Buttons His Shirts)
- Chris Soules's Bachelor Blog: 'I Knew Things Were About to Get Very Real'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
After growing up in the svelte suburbs north of New York City and attending Ohio University, Lauer was a TV reporter and talk show host in half a dozen eastern cities before landing his Today job just five months ago. He is baffled by his sudden status as, in the words of The New York Times, an "on-air heartthrob." "I get letters from women, and they say, 'I love your Roman nose,' " he says. "If I weren't on TV and I walked past that same woman, she'd go, 'Did you see the beak on that guy?' " The divorced Lauer has been dating journalism-school grad Kristen Gesswein, 25, for the past four years. Like him, she is a 6-foot-tall brunette; unlike him, she wears neither foundation nor powder. "When I first started doing it, I was kind of uneasy," says Lauer of his on-air makeup. "It was like wearing a sweater that you didn't like." Sans makeup, he takes thrice weekly step classes at the NBC gym. Appraises fellow stepper Gumbel: "Mart's a klutz, but no more so than any other guy there, including me."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!