Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Italian Astronaut Wears Star Trek Uniform in Space
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 13- Apr. 19, 2015
- A Kaitlyn-Britt Showdown? A Motorized Cupake? New Bachelorette Promo Is Nuts (VIDEO)
- What Made Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson's 'Connection Even Stronger' on DWTS
- Cissy Houston: Bobbi Kristina Brown Has 'Irreversible Brain Damage' and 'Remains Unresponsive'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
The 27-year-old midfielder for Derby County, who earns some $200,000 a year, is a fast hit with fans too. His poster sells briskly, and Britain's teen magazine Mizz named him one of the "10 most gorgeous" players. Says one Derby coach, Richie Williams: "He must have been at the head of the queue when the good looks were handed out." One thing bothers the dark-haired, brown-eyed affable hunk, though. "I've got these bowlegs," he complains. But U.S.-born wife Cindi, 25, doesn't mind. "All good soccer players are bowlegged," she says, "but his walk is real sexy." Americans can judge Harkes's skills—and stems—when he plays for the U.S. National Team in this summer's World Cup tournament, to be held in the U.S. for the first time. (Like most athletes, pro soccer players usually compete for their home country in international matches.) Wherever he is, Harkes practices one inflexible beauty ritual: a daily slathering of Oil of Olay. "I'm, like, flakes everywhere," he complains of his dry skin. Sensing skepticism, he quickly adds, "Okay, okay, maybe it does keep the wrinkles at bay."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!