Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Angelina Jolie Eyeing War Drama Shoot Like a Girl in First Project Since Brad Pitt Split
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- WATCH AND SHOP: Never Have a Bad Hair Day Again with This Celeb-Loved Curling Iron
- Puppy Love! Chrissy Teigen Shares Luna's Playdate with French Bulldog Pippa
- Amanda Knox Reveals Why She Initially Lied About Being in the Apartment When Her Roommate Meredith Kercher Was Killed
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
The 27-year-old midfielder for Derby County, who earns some $200,000 a year, is a fast hit with fans too. His poster sells briskly, and Britain's teen magazine Mizz named him one of the "10 most gorgeous" players. Says one Derby coach, Richie Williams: "He must have been at the head of the queue when the good looks were handed out." One thing bothers the dark-haired, brown-eyed affable hunk, though. "I've got these bowlegs," he complains. But U.S.-born wife Cindi, 25, doesn't mind. "All good soccer players are bowlegged," she says, "but his walk is real sexy." Americans can judge Harkes's skills—and stems—when he plays for the U.S. National Team in this summer's World Cup tournament, to be held in the U.S. for the first time. (Like most athletes, pro soccer players usually compete for their home country in international matches.) Wherever he is, Harkes practices one inflexible beauty ritual: a daily slathering of Oil of Olay. "I'm, like, flakes everywhere," he complains of his dry skin. Sensing skepticism, he quickly adds, "Okay, okay, maybe it does keep the wrinkles at bay."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!