Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bella Hadid Makes Beige Spandex Sexy in Her Latest Athleisure Look
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Thinking Pink! Inside Lacey Chabert's Chic and Sweet Baby Shower
- Mila Kunis' 'Blue Sunset' Graphic Eye Will Be Your New Summer Makeup Move – Here's How to Get It!
- The Secret Behind Duggar Hair: Jinger Reveals Her Routine for Straight Strands
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
The younger daughter of TV director Larry (Falcon Crest, Knots Landing) Elikann and Corky, a pianist and artist, Barad says that by 16, "I never left the house without lipstick or eye makeup. It was the time of Twiggy, when you did patent-leather liner and false eyelashes." After working for Cory Cosmetics and then an ad agency, Barad joined Mattel in 1981 as a product manager at a salary of $38,000. Now, living in L.A. with her husband, Thomas Barad, 42, a movie producer, their two sons and a Lhasa apso, she earns $1.25 million a year. But some things haven't changed. Her infectious grin, for one ("when I smile, I sort of smile from my toes"). And unlike Barbie, who has had scores of hairdos, Barad says of her sable mane, "I've had the same hairstyle since I was 7. Hair is very much a part of who I am."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!