Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- From Taylor's Squad to Bey's Brood: How the VMAs Pick Who Sits Where
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- James Spader Sells His Los Angeles Home for $4 Million
- Prince William Laughs Off a Mom's Request for Prince Harry's Number for Single Daughter: 'You Don't Want That!'
- 10 Celeb Confessions That Will Make You Never Want to be Famous
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
The rest of the country noticed too. After 51 films in 40 years, the father of five daughters (a son died in 1978) received a humanitarian award at the Oscars this year for his do-good efforts and appeared onscreen as the snarling Sidney J. Mussburger in The Hud-sucker Proxy. Up next: the fall flick Nobody's Fool, with Bruce Willis.
The good news is that those amazing sea-blue peepers are as potent as ever. They even leave the imperturbable Martha Stewart (a longtime pal and Connecticut neighbor of the Newmans') weak in the knees. "You see his eyes no matter what he does," says Stewart. "I'm not talking like I have a mad crush, but he's so attractive, SO attractive, that you just can't help liking him." Is he surprised to hear that he is such an enduring sex symbol? "At my age," he cracked backstage at the Oscars, "I'm lucky to have a pulse."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!