Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Read This Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor's Open Letter to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- Kimberly Henderson, Single Mom and Viral Star, on Her Incredible Journey
- Grey Gardens Filmmaker Albert Maysles Dies at 88
- Juliette Lewis Talks Quitting Drugs at 22, Battling Mania 'My Entire Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
For more than a decade the Oklahoma-born actress has been hailed for bringing a striking significance to even the smallest parts. She hypnotized audiences with her role as a dedicated nurse in 1992's Passion Fish and stars next as a struggling mother in Spike Lee's upcoming Crooklyn. Although she claims "there's a part of me that wants to curl my hair and do my lashes because that's fun and vampy," Woodard, 40 and married to screenwriter Roderick Spencer (the couple have two adopted children), mostly sees herself as an Everywoman role model. "People have an idea of what it takes to be in the movies," she says, "and they feel separate from it. But on the screen, I look like your mother, your sister, your auntie, maybe your first girlfriend. That's why people like me."
March 06, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!