Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- J.K. Rowling's Look for the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Premiere Is Pure Magic
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Gotcha! Jaden Smith Tricked His Family into Flying Out to England So He Could Drink on His 18th Birthday
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Her Baby Bump in Body-Con Velvet Dress After Breakup Rumors
- Father of Fallen Muslim Soldier Who Shook the DNC with Emotional Speech Says His 'Conscience Compels' Him to Fight Against Trump
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
For more than a decade the Oklahoma-born actress has been hailed for bringing a striking significance to even the smallest parts. She hypnotized audiences with her role as a dedicated nurse in 1992's Passion Fish and stars next as a struggling mother in Spike Lee's upcoming Crooklyn. Although she claims "there's a part of me that wants to curl my hair and do my lashes because that's fun and vampy," Woodard, 40 and married to screenwriter Roderick Spencer (the couple have two adopted children), mostly sees herself as an Everywoman role model. "People have an idea of what it takes to be in the movies," she says, "and they feel separate from it. But on the screen, I look like your mother, your sister, your auntie, maybe your first girlfriend. That's why people like me."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!