Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Survivor: Worlds Apart Runners-Up Tell All: 'We Were So Close! '
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Sarah Palin Reveals Why Bristol and Her Ex-Fiancé Are Celebrating on What Would Have Been Their Wedding Weekend
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Won't Be Joining Netflix's Full House Reboot
- Wiz Khalifa Jokes That He 'Would Die' If Son Sebastian Got Tattoos
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
Roberts has always inspired breathless metaphors. One reviewer dubbed her "pillowy lipped," another said her appeal is "rivaled only by chocolate ice cream," and her legs, time and again, have been called "coltish." But at 26, she is far more than the sum of her thoroughbred parts. Says Joe Roth, who's producing I Love Trouble, a romantic comedy due out in June with Roberts and Nick Nolte: "It's her vulnerability. an accessibility that invites you in, that separates her from other beautiful women." What also separates Roberts is her asking price—$8.5 million per movie—and her husband, Lyle Lovett, 36, he of the exquisite croon and eccentric coiffure. In March the couple, who have homes in Houston, Manhattan and Nashville, were in Paris shooting their scenes for Robert Altman's fashion industry send-up, Prêt à Porter. Even with her revitalized career, though, Julia hasn't wearied of her Pretty Woman moniker. "Let's get real," she said recently. "Mediocre Girl might have bugged me. Pretty Woman I can live with."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!