Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kristin Cavallari Won't Watch 'Brutal' Episodes of The Hills: 'I Was So Obnoxious'
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Drew Barrymore Says Her Daughters Love 'Uncle Jimmy' Fallon: 'He's the Best!'
- That's Amore: George and Amal Clooney are All Smiles During Date Night in Rome
- Begin Again Director John Carney Slams Keira Knightley: 'I'll Never Make a Film with Supermodels Again'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 09, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 17
Poor Pooh Goes Poof
All Britain Weeps When Charles's Dog Disappears
According to reports in the London papers, Pooh (née Roo, but renamed by Prince William for his favorite A.A. Milne character) had been on an outing with Charles and Tigger, her mother, when she darted into the woods. Charles's whistles brought no response, and a three-day search by estate workers was fruitless. Neither Charles's ad in the local paper nor the Daily Mail's offer of a $1,500 reward brought forth anyone who had seen the dog. As a heartbroken Charles headed back to London on April 21, however, there was no shortage of theories about Pooh's fate. Some suggested that the dog had gotten herself lodged in a rabbit hole. But a psychic asserted that she had "a very clear-picture" of Pooh stuck in a sewer, and the News of the World theorized that she was devoured by a feral cat dubbed the Beast of Balmoral.
So strong was the compassion for Charles in Britain that even the news that he was commiserating over Pooh's loss with best friend Camilla Parker Bowles (who owns a bitch from the same litter) was presented with surprising sympathy. For a Daily Mirror story featuring separate shots of the pair—he with Pooh under his arm and she with the sister—the headline read: At Least I've Still Got My Mistress.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!