Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Dancing With The Stars Listen up! Usain Bolt Wants in
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- American Horror Story's Denis O'Hare: Even the Actors Are Surprised by the Show
- Princess Kate and Prince William Get Gifted Pint-Sized Life Vests for Prince George and Princess Charlotte
- WATCH: Wendy Williams Sounds Off on Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 20, 1994
- Vol. 41
- No. 23
All My Children's Frances Heflin Dies at 71
Heflin, the daughter of a dentist and a homemaker, and sister of the late actor Van Heflin, was born in Oklahoma City and had a 54-year career in theater and TV. She appeared on Broadway with 21-year-old Marlon Brando in 1945 in the original production of I Remember Mama and with Helen Hayes in the London premiere of The Glass Menagerie in 1948. Heflin, whose husband, composer-conductor Sol Kaplan, died in 1990, had three children.
Unlike Mona, Heflin was no quiet hand wringer. "The two things that drove her up a wall were lack of professionalism and prejudice of any kind," says AMC executive producer Felicia Minei Behr. "When she slopped performing five weeks ago, she called me and said, 'Now you're going to have to recast Mona.' She was thinking the show must go on. But I said no—she was Mona, and there will never be another Mona."
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!