Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- PHOTOS: Britney Spears Spent Memorial Day Weekend at This Amazing Malibu Beach House
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Dolly Parton on Her Iconic Wigs: 'My Husband Always Says I Look Like a Q-Tip'
- FROM EW: Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda Set to Star in Mary Poppins Returns
- Jane Goodall Responds to Harambe's Death: "It Looked as Though the Gorilla Was Putting an Arm Around the Child"
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 31, 1992
- Vol. 38
- No. 9
Bashing Citizen Roy
In the Hamptons, Fans of Cohn Speak Ill of Cohn
Like a ghost crashing a bash in its own honor, Cohn's memory hovered over the screening and soiree hosted by HBO. Four hundred of the lawyer's old friends and foes (many of whom remembered his role as a zealous aide to Sen. Joseph McCarthy and ruthless power-broker for the rich and famous) mingled under an enormous tent at chic Sapore di Mare, where the man who played Cohn in the movie, James Woods, was holding court. "I was always afraid of that man," Diane Von Furstenberg said of Cohn. "He was a worm." Added feminist writer Betty Friedan: "The film will teach a whole generation about one of the most evil men who ever lived."
Blacklisted during the 1950s, when Cohn and others were trying to purge Hollywood of alleged Communists and presumed fellow travelers, Lee Grant allowed that she look on the movie role of his mother as an act of emotional "revenge." Watching Woods as Cohn on the offense, she said, "is like watching a snake eat a rabbit." Hors d'oeuvres, anyone?
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!