Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Babysitter's Story of Masked Intruders Unravels as She's Charged in Strangulation Death of 5-Year-old
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Reese Witherspoon: My Divorce Made My Brain Feel Like 'Scrambled Eggs'
- See the Most Sizzling Fashion Moments from the PEOPLE Magazine Awards!
- FBI Says North Korea Responsible for Sony Hack, President Obama Promises Retaliation
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 05:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 07, 1992
- Vol. 38
- No. 10
C-Ing Is Believing
Jackie Branson's Pumped Up Idea Takes the Teeny-Weeny Out of Bikini
Bronson, 41, conceived the expanding top earlier this year after the Food and Drug Administration curtailed the use of silicone breast implants. Aptly named Top Secret, the device increases a woman's measurements by a full cup size. "If you wear an A, it will make you a B. If you wear a B, it will make you a C," says Bronson. "If you already wear a C, you don't really need it."
The secret is a built-in plastic cushion inflated by a pump concealed in the lining of the suit. A former swimsuit model herself, Bronson, with 10 other Cole staffers, subjected the top to trial by beach, pool and hot tub. They found that it went bust only in pressurized situations. "You can't wear it in an airplane or scuba diving," she says. "It won't explode, but it will deflate."
So far, reaction from stores, in which 4,000 Top Secrets will be on sale this month, has been so favorable that Cole of California not only has applied for a patent but is also looking ahead to a line of inflatable lingerie. "This will not become the Pet Rock of swimsuits," vows Bronson, who grew up observing bathers in Anaheim, Calif., and still pays attention in Seal Beach, where she lives with her husband, Kevin Fabrit, a chef, and their three children.
The Top Secret's only drawback may be the suggested price: $72. "If that seems like a lot to spend on a bikini," says Bronson, "just blame it on inflation."
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!